Simon

Simon
The Shadow Of Time

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"The Way It Is"

Can I throw a few randoms one in here???

Sometime last week, I woke in the early morning hours to the coyotes howling in Palmer Park. I really, really love that sound. I smiled to myself, and then fell back asleep for another hour.

Also, sometime last week, or early this week (I'm not sure), I was flipping through the stations thinking all the songs/talk really sucked, and came upon "Hold On For One More Day," by Wilson Phillips. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW this is a pretty corny song. But it's my college girlfriends' song. And I smiled and sang along without an ounce of shame.

On to today...

1. I planned ahead and finished the day 4 points under.
2. Baseball on, windows open, kids playing.
3. Yummy dinner.
4. 45 minutes on the treadmill.
5. Sitting on the deck, sipping on a beer, playing with Simon and listening to him laugh as I bounced him in my lap.
6. Simon cuddles.
7. Jack's getting so grown up. I love his facial expressions as he tells us about parts of his day, and how he punctuates important points of his stories by raising his eyebrows and one index finger in the air.
8. Talking with Todd. We arrived at the CWP at the same moment today - Todd on his bike and me in my car. Felt like serendipity. As we talked for a few minutes over lunch, I thought about how much I value his friendship and collegiality. I hope to grow our friendship and collegial relationship for many, many more years.
9. My lunchtime supply of vitamin D. Sitting outside in my tanktop. Solo. Oh, and Jimmy John's. Yum.
10. Working through a piece of writing and realizing that while it started as one thing, it's becoming something much bigger and more important.
11. My workshop partners. Thanks for the amazing compliments and suggestions for direction.
12. Goofing with Matt last night before bed.
13. Waking up to a beautiful Colorado day: blue skies, green trees, a promise of possibilities.

Today, I worked my way back. In more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment