Simon

Simon
The Shadow Of Time

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Sheesh.

Thirty? I'll give it a shot!

1. Cramming in the car to drive behind the Harley's to Bishop's Castle.
2. Exploring, feeling like a little kid in a monstrous (and kinda scary, but kinda cool) castle.
3. Taking risks. With my mom.
4. Stopping at the bar with the family.
5. Getting ready for new adventures.
6. Getting up that last hill at the CC Cabin.
7. Finally taking Dad to the CC Cabin.
8. Walking back to the highway with Mom, Matt and Jack to meet Lynne and Don.
9. Walking back with Lynne and Matt.
10. The sunset.
11. Waking up with my family, on air mattresses and sleeping bags.
12. Waiting for Simon to realize I was there.
13. The Boathouse in Salida. Man, I really like that place. Minus the mustard.
14. Checking in early.
15. Swimming with Si for the first time.
16. Enjoying the great view in the warm water with my cousins, sister, parents, husband and sons.
17. Watching Jack's newfound confidence in the water.
18. Being "watched" by Becky.
19. Laundry on the deck.
20. Evening jaunt to the Relaxation Pools.
21. The moon.
22. Hanging out on the deck, laughing and rocking.

And that's just Thursday, Friday and Saturday! :)

23. Musical beds.
24. Fiery sunrise.
25. Knowing that the week with family only went so fast because we did so much and had so much fun. All while enjoying each other's company.
26. Back to the Boathouse! Yum!
27. Mountain Spirits Gallery and Tasting Room.
28. Getting home and unpacking. Sleeping in my own bed.
29. The Cardinals won. Again. And so did the Twins!
30. Practicing better habits.
31. Waking up with a purpose.
32. Knowing so many of the folks at the Writer's Project. From so many different avenues in my life.
33. Thinking about writing. And then writing. And then thinking about everything.
34. Lunch at Garbanzo's with Todd and Curtis. Good company and good food.
35. Tokens of love on the underbelly of a bed.
36. Playing with Simon on the kitchen floor.
37. Being drunk post-carded by Beth and Juliann.
38. Keeping my promise to myself.
39. Going to bed early.

Well. I guess I kicked that list's ass.

And now for today...

1. I felt better as soon as I woke up.
2. A sense of routine.
3. Remembering.
4. Writing. And rewriting. And writing it over. Which is different that rewriting. And then reading. And writing more. And feeling really good, if not slightly frightened, by the sheer volume of the possibilities. But not at all paralyzed.
5. Another fantastic lunch with Curtis. And candid conversations about school, the smell of green, and dying.
6. Dinner with Becky and Mom. Just the three of us girls! (Well, and the two boys. But still. How much fun is that?!?!)
7. Playing catch with Jackson.
8. Watching Simon laugh at his big brother's antics.
9. Baseball and cool breezes.
10. Realizing that things like surgeries and miscarriages don't define my life nearly as much as crabapples and my father's freshly baked bread. Interesting...
11. Being able to put my finger on so many things in my life that make me truly happy. Thank you, Tonya, for helping me start this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment