Simon

Simon
The Shadow Of Time

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So it's Wednesday

and I didn't post on Tuesday. It's been a long short week. And not a really fun one. But that's what this is all about, right? That when things get tough, it's really easy to see all the things that are wrong with the world, and not as easy to see what's right.

So let me make up for my absence by remembering 10 things that have made me happy in these last few days...

1. Having a meaningful say in the future of the school in which I work. The school that, when I came to Colorado Springs in 1995, I scoped out as my school of choice. The school that, when I did my student teaching in my senior year of college, taught me so much. The school that I got called back to in 2003. The school that I hope to be at for a long time. I love working at Palmer, and I love that my "work" means that I get to do what's best and right for kids. And the kids make it all worthwhile. And I love that this is what I do.

2. When I see people who feel like they can't succeed, and then learn that they can. That makes me happy.

3. When the wind wakes me up in the middle of the night. Seriously. I wake up. It's dark. I wonder why I'm awake. And then I hear it, and I smile.

4. The videos that Uncle Bob's been posting from my kid-hood. :) Those are the times!!!! Love it!

5. Knowing that there are people in my life that I can go to to process my raw thoughts. And that I'm not judged. That's pretty awesome.

6. Finding "The Office" daily calendar quotes on my keyboard. What would Catholicism be without the popes?

7. Watching Simon learn that he's his own person. He's got arms and hands and legs and feelings... So sweet and precious.

8. Being able to speak my mind. Be honest and serious. And to be taken seriously.

9. My family. Bottom line. You know who you are.

10. Honestly, this list. It keeps me honest, and it keeps me looking for things that make this journey worth all the bullshit that's oftentimes way easier to see. And for that, I thank Tonya.

Count on me for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment