Simon

Simon
The Shadow Of Time

Friday, January 28, 2011

What happened to the week?

1. The Peak was beautiful this morning - "purple mountain majesty" - she was right.

2. I love walking into Palmer. Heading up to the third floor. Stepping out into the hallway and walking along the mismatched tile. The view from the window looks out over the north of downtown: church steeples lit by the sun, glowing in the morning light... the tops of the modest buildings... the mountains, embracing all of us who live here, no matter what our differences are. I think about my beginnings, professionally, every day during this short walk. Student teaching at Palmer with Stefanie Pell twelve years ago. Where I've been since then. And coming "home." And I renew my love for my work with every step.

3. "Is that Mr. Ed or a banana???" Oh, Carolyn Derr, how I love to laugh with you!

4. DAC with John and Carolyn at Phantom... Brewery chips. Brings me back to FASDA with with WPMS crew. My life is rich with amazing people.

5. Can't wait to spend the weekend with my parents!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment