Simon

Simon
The Shadow Of Time

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Monday, is that you?

1. I decided to call Becky on the way to work this morning... We were still chatting away when I got to work, and as I got out of the car I began to do a mental inventory of all that I needed. Bag? Check. Lunch? Check. Lock the door? Check. As I walked to the corner to cross the street, still talking to my sister, I began to mechanically pat my pockets down. Front, back, jackets... Finally, I interrupted my sister and said, "SHIT! Where's my phone?" And then we had a good laugh about that one...
2. Book club today was mighty fun, with Pete, Steve and Lindsay. Good discussion, good food, good wine.
3. Running to the mailbox and back with Jack.
4. Watching Simon crawl across the floor. It's amazing how good he's gotten in such a short time.
5. Bathtime with two boys - they are so fun to watch play and splash in the tub. Simon was sitting up and grabbing at toys that floated by. Jack was putting on the scuba mask and "diving" into the water, holding his breath, and finding hairs to give me (gross!).
6. Cuddling with Jack on the couch, sans TV, with the words of Poems, Prayers and Promises floating around in my head. What an amazing song...

Day 2 of contract with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment